How to Pin Computer to the Windows 7 Taskbar
This will show you how to pin Computer to the Windows 7 taskbar as a separate icon instead of it being pinned as a Jump list item in the default pinned Window Explorer taskbar icon.
When you have both the default Windows Explorer icon to the left and this Computer icon to the right of it, then each time you click on the Computer icon on the taskbar it will open another separate new window of Computer. Clicking on the Windows Explorer icon will only open the one window instance.
To avoid issues with other pinned "explorer" type shortcuts from displaying their opened windows in the thumbnail previews of whatever pinned "explorer" type shortcut is on the farthest left of the taskbar, be sure that the default pinned Windows Explorer taskbar icon is dragged to the left of this pinned Computer icon on the taskbar, and that any other pinned "explorer" type icon is dragged to the right of this Computer icon.
EXAMPLE: Computer Unpinned and Pinned from the Taskbar
EXAMPLE: Computer window
Manually Create the Download Shortcut
1. If you have not already, then uncheck the default Computer shortcut from the Desktop Icon Settings window.
2. Right click on a empty space on the desktop and click on New and Shortcut.
3. Type in the location in bold below and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
4. For the name, type Computer and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below)
5. Right click on the new Computer shortcut on the desktop and click on Properties.
6. Under the Shortcut tab, click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
7. In the "Look for icons..." line, type in bold below and press enter. (See screenshot below)
8. Select the Computer icon and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
9. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
10. Drag the new Computer shortcut onto the taskbar until you see the Pin to Taskbar pop-up and drop it. (See screenshot below)
11. Computer is now pinned to the taskbar. (See screenshot below)
If you ever wish to remove the pinned Computer icon from the taskbar, right click on it and click on Unpin this program from the Taskbar.
12. You can now delete the Computer shortcut on the desktop.