Enable or Disable Screen Savers in Windows 7
This article will show you how to enable or disable desktop screen savers from being able to run for all users on the computer.
You will need to be logged in as an administrator to be able to do this tutorial.
Screen Savers Enabled and Disabled
When disabled, the Screen Saver Settings window is grayed out.
Through the Local Group Policy Editor
1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. In the left pane, click on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Control Panel, and Personalization. (see screenshot below)
3. In the right pane, right click on Enable screen saver and click on Edit. (see screenshot above)
4. To Enable Screen Saver
A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Enabled. (see screenshot below step 6)
Not Configured is the default setting.
B) Go to step 6.
5. To Disable Changing Screen Saver
A) Select (dot) Disabled. (see screenshot below step 6)
6. Click on OK. (see screenshot below)
7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
8. If open, close and reopen the Screen Saver Settings window to apply.