This will show you how to import and export all of your personal Per Site Privacy Actions for cookies in Internet Explorer in Windows 7 and Vista.
It can be handy to backup your Internet Explorer Per Site Privacy Actions by exporting them to a REG file so that you can use it to easily import your settings back, say after a clean install of Windows 7 or after resetting Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer Per Site Privacy Actions
To Export Internet Explorer Cookies Per Site Privacy Actions
1. Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes (Windows 7) or Continue (Vista).
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the left pane, right click on P3P and click on Export. (see screenshot above)
5. Navigate to your Desktop, then type in a name (ex: IE_Per_Site_Privacy_Actions) for this REG file and click on the Save button.
6. Now move this exported REG file to where you like to keep it at as a backup of all of your personal Internet Explorer cookies Per Site Privacy Actions.
To Import Internet Explorer Cookies Per Site Privacy Actions
1. Double click on the exported REG file (ex: IE_Per_Site_Privacy_Actions.reg) that was exported from OPTION ONE above.
2. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (Windows 7) or Continue (Vista), Yes, and OK.
3. If open, close and reopen all instances of Internet Explorer to apply.