How to Add or Remove Ease of Access Center from Windows 7 Log On Screen
On the log in screen at the bottom left there is a button called the Ease of Access button, if you do not want this button just follow this tutorial.
If you do not follow this tutorial exactly you will most likely have to do a system restore!!!
Remove Ease of Access button
1. Take ownership of the file c:/windows/system32/authui.dll
2. Open the file c:/windows/system32/authui.dll in Resource Hacker.
3. In Resource Hacker go to the location: UIFILE/12400/1033:
4. Copy all of the code from UIFILE/12400/1033 into a blank text file:
5. Find the following line in your code:
<if id = "atom(Accessibility)">
6. Delete it and everything after it until:
NOTE: Make sure not to leave a blank line where you deleted the code.
<if id = "atom(ToggleTabletKeyboard)">
7. Copy the code from the text document back to Resource Hacker and make sure there is a blank line of code at the very bottom of the code. Then select Compile Script.
8. Repea the steps 5-8 for location UIFILE/12401/1033 and UIFILE/12402/1033.
DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE THE SAME CODE INTO ALL THREE!!
9. Save the file as authui - new.dll onto your desktop.
10. Copy the file authui - new.dll to c:/windows/system32
11. Start the program Task Manager, and Notepad
12. Using Task Manager end the process explorer.exe:
13. Using notepad go to file/open:
14. Browse to c:/windows/system32/ make sure to have All Files selected:
15. Rename the file authui.dll to authui - backup.dll
16. Rename the file authui - new.dll to authui.dll
17. Push the keys: Ctrl+Alt+Del
18. Select Log off
19. Select Log on
Restore Ease of Access button
1. Start the program Task Manager, and Notepad
2. Using Task Manager end the process explorer.exe:
3. Using notepad go to file/open:
4. Browse to c:/windows/system32/ make sure to have All Files selected:
5. Rename the file authui.dll to authui - new.dll
6. Rename the file authui - backup.dll to authui.dll
7. Push the keys: Ctrl+Alt+Del
8. Select Log off
9. Select Log on