This is going to walk you right through connecting your Xbox 360 to a Windows 7 PC. If you have an xbox and have not linked it up to your pc yet you are missing out. Your XBOX 360 when connected will be able to stream all of your music, and movies right from your PC to your TV.
This article will help you connect Xbox 360 to Windows 7.
- On the computer running Windows 7 click the following:
Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet
- Select "Home Group and Sharing Options"
- Click "change advanced sharing settings"
- Under "Media Streaming" click "Choose Media Streaming Options"
- Click "Turn on media streaming"
- You will now have the option to name your media library if you want to, but is not necessary.
- Click "Choose Default Settings". You can choose star ratings and parental controls here if you want to, and then click "OK". You are now done with setting up the PC.
- Turn on your XBOX 360 and go to the "My Xbox Channel" and select "Music", "Photos", or "Video" library.
- Select your pc from the list and the file you wish to play.