If you upgrading to a new operating system or planning to perform a fresh installation of Windows on your PC, you should remove all previous versions of the Windows operating system. Deleting these previous versions of Windows will preserve as much space on your hard drive as possible.
This article will help you to Remove Previous Windows Versions.
- Insert a Windows installation CD into the disk drive of your PC, then restart your computer.
- Press any key on the keyboard when prompted to boot to the CD. Various installation files will be loaded from the CD.
- Press the "Enter" key to enter the Windows configuration. Press the "F8" key to accept the Windows license agreement.
- Use the up-and-down arrows to highlight the previous version of the Windows operating system you want to remove.
- Press the "D" key to delete the highlighted version of Windows.
- Press "Enter," then hit the "L" key to confirm your decision to remove the selected version of Windows.
- Repeat the steps for all other versions of Windows you want to remove from your computer.